In recognition of our busy work schedules and competing demands for our most limited resource – TIME.
We are pleased to introduce the:
3 Days (Weekend) Executive Farm Managers Training Program
Focus: The Training is designed to deepen expertise and knowledge as well as share opportunities in the Agric Sector for:
- New Farmers seeking to tap into opportunities in Agribusiness as well as
- Practicing Farmers seeking to improve their operations, best practices and profitability.
Itinerary: The Program holds for 3 Days from Friday to Sunday and covers – Livestock, Poultry, Fish Farming, Crop Production, Plantation & Forestry Management and Value Addition (Details are captured below).
- Day 1: Friday: Arrival, Orientation & Overview of the Opportunities in Agribusiness – Identification of particular areas of interest & Grouping of Participants.
- Day 2: Saturday: Intensive Course in the identified areas of interest including Theory/ Practical Classes and Demonstrations, Interactions with other Course Participants.
- Day 3: Sunday: Assessment of Program, Certificate Presentation & Departure.
Available dates for 2017 are:
May 26th – May 28th (Reservations Ongoing)
June 2nd – June 4th (Reservations Ongoing)
Please send an email to ForNigeriansByNigerians@gmail.com for a Registration Form for the Training Program.
Current areas of focus include:
- General Introduction to Integrated Farming
- Crop production – Practicals – Open Field & Screen house Farming/ Weed Control & Use of Agrochemicals (Please click on the “Pepper” for infomation on the potentails of same)
- Green leafy vegetables e.g. Shoko, tete,waterleaf, ugu, spinach
- Pepper e.g. Chilli, green, yellow,
- Water melon
- Animal (Livestock) Production & Veterinary Care (Please click on the individual courses for more information on the course content)
- This is to cover Dairy / Ruminants & Poultry Production
- Poultry (Practicals) e.g. Chicken, Turkey & Quails etc.
- Rabbit (Practicals)
- Grass cutter
- Heliculture – Snail Farming
- Fish farming (Tilapia & Catfish Practical Breeding) – The Course is to cover – Dynamics in Successful Fish Farming, Best Practices in Fish Production, Hatchery & Fish Breeding, Fish Feed Production.
- Plantation Crops/ Orchards Management/ Nursery Management & Tissue Culture
- Forestry Management Horticulture & Honey Production (Bee Keeping)
- Agro Processing – Value Addition & Food Processing: Processing & Packaging Food Products/ Animal Products/ Agro Equipment Tools & Fabrication.
- Introduction to The FNBN Cluster Farming Initiative
While appreciating the vastness of the Agricultural Sector and the herculean, albeit impossible task of covering same within three (3) days, the Training Program has been designed to:
- Help Participants develop a better appreciation of the Agric Sector/ Business in Nigeria.
- Guide and educate Participants on the investment opportunities available in the Agric Sector.
- Educate participants on the fundamental information required to thrive in Agric Business.
- Provide practical classes (covering selected areas of production) where Participants will be equipped with hands on expertise in animal and crop production as well as food processing.
The Training Program will be conducted within the 90 Hectare Facility of the Dominican Centre for Human Resources Development (DCHRD), Moniya, Ibadan.
For a Picture Gallery of past Training Programs please visit:
The Training Program is for N55,000.00 and is to include Training Materials, Accommodation and Feeding.
Target Participants are:
- Individuals seeking to invest in the Agric Value Chain.
- Individuals seeking to go into Farm Management and/or keep abreast with current practices.
- Individuals seeking to acquire new skills to improve the profitability of their farms and/or broaden their employment opportunities.
- Individuals seeking to access Agric Finance at single digit to drive their business.
We also offer Cluster Farming Opportunities at our Epe Site for Participants that desire to immediately commence production.
- A Cluster Farm is system that creates value by merging several smallholder farms within close proximity into a Farming Hub so that each can enjoy economies of scale such as bulk purchase of feeds and provision of portable water, security and expertise.
For further information, please call +234 81 686 13 414 or send an email to ForNigeriansByNigerians@gmail.com
Let’s work together to promote the culture of self reliance.