The 7 Days (FNBN-DCHRD) Farm Managers Training Program is a week-long intensive course designed to equip Participants with the hands-on requisite knowledge required to successfully set up and manage a cross section of crop and animal farms profitably.
Available dates for 2017 are:
January 22nd – 28th(Entry Closed) February 5th – 11th(Entry Closed) February 19th – 25th(Entry Closed) March 5th – 11th(Entry Closed) March 26th – April 1st(Entry Closed) April 2nd – April 8th(Entry Closed)
April 23rd – April 29th(Entry Closed)
May 7th – May 13th (Limited space available)
May 21st – May 27th (Reservations Ongoing)
June 4th – June 10th (Reservations Ongoing)
J(Group Booking – Entry Closed) une 25th – July 1st
- July 2nd – July 8th (Reservations Ongoing)
- July 16th – July 22nd (Reservations Ongoing)
The Training is a 7 Day Onsite Program which covers Crop, Fish (Tilapia & Catfish), Poultry, Livestock Production Agro Processing.
While appreciating the vastness of the Agricultural Sector and the herculean, albeit impossible task of covering same within seven (7) days, the Training Program has been designed to:
- Help Participants develop a better appreciation of the Agric Sector/ Business in Nigeria.
- Guide and educate Participants on the investment opportunities available in the Agric Sector.
- Educate participants on the fundamental information required to thrive in Agric Business.
- Provide practical classes (covering selected areas of production indicated below) where Participants will be equipped with hands on expertise in animal and crop production as well as food processing.
The Training Program will be conducted within the 90 Hectare Facility of the Dominican Centre for Human Resources Development (DCHRD), Moniya, Ibadan.
The program is to include field trips to locations such as IITA and in recognition of the importance of physical and mental wellbeing of Participants activities such as early morning jogging and a Novelty Football Match have been included as well.
For a Picture Gallery of past Training Programs please visit:
Current areas of focus include:
- General Introduction to Integrated Farming
- Crop production – Practicals – Open Field & Screen house Farming/ Weed Control & Use of Agrochemicals (Please click on the “Pepper” for infomation on the potentails of same)
- Green leafy vegetables e.g. Shoko, tete,waterleaf, ugu, spinach
- Pepper e.g. Chilli, green, yellow,
- Water melon
- Animal (Livestock) Production & Veterinary Care (Please click on the individual courses for more information on the course content)
- This is to cover Dairy / Ruminants & Poultry Production
- Poultry (Practicals) e.g. Chicken, Turkey & Quails etc.
- Rabbit (Practicals)
- Grass cutter
- Heliculture – Snail Farming
- Fish farming (Tilapia & Catfish Practical Breeding) – The Course is to cover – Dynamics in Successful Fish Farming, Best Practices in Fish Production, Hatchery & Fish Breeding, Fish Feed Production.
- Plantation Crops/ Orchards Management/ Nursery Management & Tissue Culture
- Forestry Management Horticulture & Honey Production (Bee Keeping)
- Agro Processing – Value Addition & Food Processing: Processing & Packaging Food Products/ Animal Products/ Agro Equipment Tools & Fabrication.
- Introduction to The FNBN Cluster Farming Initiative
The Training Program is for N85,000.00 and is to include Training Materials, Accommodation and Feeding.
Target Participants are:
- Individuals seeking to invest in the Agric Value Chain.
- Individuals seeking to go into Farm Management and/or keep abreast with current practices.
- Individuals seeking to acquire new skills to improve the profitability of their farms and/or broaden their employment opportunities.
- Individuals seeking to access Agric Finance at single digit to drive their business.
We also offer Cluster Farming Opportunities at our Epe Site for Participants that desire to immediately commence production.
- A Cluster Farm is system that creates value by merging several smallholder farms within close proximity into a Farming Hub so that each can enjoy economies of scale such as bulk purchase of feeds and provision of portable water, security and expertise.
Let’s work together to promote the culture of self reliance.